Senior Account Executive/Account Supervisor
Woman-owned and operated communications firm seeks a Senior Account Executive/Account Supervisor with a minimum of four years’ professional experience in communications, social media and email marketing. This position requires regular in-person meetings in Arlington, Virginia, with the client. Some onsite work may be required.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, comfortable working directly with clients with the ability to develop strategies for social media, communication plans, analytics reporting, basic graphic design, writing and distilling complex information. Candidate will support a U.S. federal agency that works with a variety of stakeholders and issues including manufacturing, economic development, workforce development, construction and military community relations.
Anthology Communications provides a professional, supportive work environment with ample benefits and perks for staff members. Employees receive a $2500 yearly professional development stipend, health care, hybrid work schedule, paid vacation and sick time, and retirement with employer match. The salary for this position is $65,000 – $85,000 depending on experience.
Experience in or familiarity with the military community is preferred. Position start is on/around July 1, 2022.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with client’s mission.
- Work with client to create/update clear procedures for social media posting and management.
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Create and deliver monthly social media reports to track growth, engagement, and other social media activity.
- Communicate with followers and respond to website queries in a timely manner (as it relates to client guidelines).
- Generate, edit, publish, share, and monitor content daily (e.g., original text, photos, videos, and news).
- BE PROACTIVE! Seek out opportunities to share activities, success stories and more for client.
- Make recommendations based on social media and communications best practices.
- Be up to date on what other social media accounts in the client’s field are posting about.
- Draft, edit and deploy newsletter and emails to subscriber lists.
- Make recommendations on growing engagement, increasing email open rate, click-to-open rate, and other topline KPIs
- Proactively identify improvements to existing email/newsletter products including design
General Communications Activities
- Initiate and maintain relationships with client team.
- Manage website inquiries
- Assist with other communications activities including developing of communications plan, graphic design, writing, partner and stakeholder outreach, presentation design, speaking opportunity prep and more.
- Learn the client’s business, understand the audiences and messaging.
- Outstanding writing and overall communication skills. Applicants will be asked to provide a writing sample and outstanding references.
- U.S. Citizen
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
- Minimum four years of experience in marketing and/or communications, with an emphasis on social media.
- Proficient with social media posting and content creation tools.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Canva. Adobe Create Suite a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to quality.
- A self-starter who can operate with a high degree of independence.
To apply. Send resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Senior Account Executive/Account Supervisor